Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Practice What We Preach

"Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their example. For they preach but they do not practice."
Need we say more? In Isaiah we're offered a new day, a do-over and in Matthew we hear Jesus say to humble ourselves, to serve others and by all means to practice what we preach. We are simply reminded to be a good example. So, I hear Him. "Start over. Even if you have to start over each day. I'll help You out. In humility and in service, be a good example because your children are paying attention and your customers are paying attention and the people in your community are paying attention." All eyes on the Christian! Especially the Catholics! Check out the media. No kidding. Each new day, take the do-over and practice each and every lesson. We never know whose life we may turn toward God by our simple service and honest practices. And believe me, I hear myself loud and clear.

1 comment:

  1. Practice what we preach.. sounds so simple and yet.. boy, it sure can be hard for me:-)

    ReplyDelete