01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: A Place for Jesus 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Place for Jesus

34
“Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The teacher says, My appointed time draws near; in your house I shall celebrate the Passover with my disciples.”‘“
I've been goofin' around with what to do with the Gospel passage today and as I finally get a chance to listen to the words, all I can think is, "Thank You" for calling on a man to have the Passover celebration in his house on such short notice. Not all, but many of the men I know would be all over the idea without a second thought as to whether the laundry was put away or the kids had their baths or if we had enough matching place settings.
My question for myself is would I ever be ready for Jesus to show up for a meal? Are my kids well-behaved at the table? Is my laundry ever put away? Do we even have napkins or just paper towels? Front door or back door? And then I have to think, does Jesus really care about all my hangups? He just wants a place to have a meal with His friends, just like He comes to me every day for a place to dwell. At my table? In my heart? Am I prepared? Probably good He knew this certain man who just got right to the business of the meal. But for me, as of today, I'm lucky He continues to come to me despite my unpreparedness.
35 36 37 38