01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: New Earth 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Earth

34
"Lo, I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; The things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind. No longer shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not round out his full lifetime;"

If we read this passage as if it might happen tomorrow, it gives great consolation. Of course, I am down in Naples, FL right now with my younger four children and my parents, so in a small sense I have already tasted the new earth. Man it's a different world on Spring Break. Anyway, the erasing of my past sins and struggles, the end to abortion, infant death and death at all makes me want to sign up. Makes me want to be in the perfect world now. I read slowly as the Lord says, "I am about to" and I think, "Come on, come on". My mind immediately goes to my little brother Frank Gerard who was only home for a few days before he died from complications of a hole in his heart. I could never remember those few days because I was too young but for some reason as I got old enough, this brother, I always wondered about. What he would be like? If we would be close and if his friends would bug my friends or want to date them? Who he would look like? What sports he would play? I pray for him at every Mass and know he prays for me. And, the best part about our reading today, is that someday all of this will be wiped away. The experience of loss will be no more and my feeling of being on Spring Break in Naples will be forever. I can hardly wait.
35 36 37 38