01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Blessed Didacus 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Blessed Didacus

34
Now here's a guy today, Blessed Didacus, who was kept from entering the Franciscan Order because he struggled in the classroom but was finally allowed into the Capuchins. Ordained a priest, he quickly found his niche, his arena, his calling. He was considered "unlearned" and yet his preaching was considered "to touch the minds and hearts of young and old, rich and poor, students and professors."
Today I am reminded of the importance to pray for my children to find their true calling. No matter how much they may struggle in the classroom or on the field or in the social arena, I'm reminded that God has a definite plan for them and my prayer is that His plan is realized. What we want for our own lives is oftentimes the very things that get us into trouble and cause us to stumble or struggle. What He wants for us is the very thing that brings happiness, not just to us but to those around us.
I was positive that I would someday be an awesome coach and teacher. (And in six small ways, I work at that daily). I knew I could never work at my mom's Catholic Bookstore and be satisfied; yet, every day is a new challenge and every day is a different kind of reward. I know my parents prayed that each of us would find our way, God's plan for us and today I'm reminded of the importance to do the same for my children and for all our children. Just as Blessed Didacus found happiness and satisfaction in his calling, so too may all our children find their way in this world that brings them to the love and peace of Jesus Christ.
35 36 37 38