01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Small Community, Large World 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Small Community, Large World

34
Saturday at the bookstore reminded me how fortunate I am to work in this community in a small family Christian business near downtown Nashville. The State Swimming Tournament was here this weekend and with hotels on both sides of us, we were fortunate to have quite a flow of traffic. People from all over the state who do not regularly have access to four floors of Christian/Catholic merchandise. We see it in their faces and hear it in their voices. Appreciation for each and every floor. They breathe in the book sections and linger through the gifts. Spending time. Browsing. Enjoying. Talking and most of all, sharing a part of their beliefs and their needs and in some cases, their families. We are so fortunate to have this small community in this large world where all are welcome and most feel comfortable. Not every day is busy and not every day is perfect but when we are and when it is, my day is made. Like the girls who worked with me yesterday said, "My you're in a good mood", I had to say, "Of course I am." I was not just happy about the business, but about the sharing in the love of the work we all do in the name of Jesus. Of course it makes us happy. Open to all, appreciated, loved in a small community, in a large world.
35 36 37 38