Friday, February 26, 2010

Reconcile

I have lost my grandparents, my mother-in-law, my uncle and my aunt, my brother, my brother-in-law, my nephew, a good friend and two best friends to death. Whether surprised by death or given time, each have taught me something about the importance of "leave your gift there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother". Life is truly short. Time is truly precious. Jesus Christ wants us just to get along. He wants us to stop all the pettiness and the jealousy and the anger and He wants us to love one another. Truth be told, my biggest sin is that I talk about others and the root to my gossip is usually either something really petty or I'm jealous or I'm angry. Jesus tells us today, "Grow up", "Get over it", "Life is too short", "Be the bigger person before the chance is gone". He knows because He hung around these twelve guys who argued about who He liked more and who was better and He had to tell them more than once to get over themselves. Relationships are tough. No doubt. But today, Jesus tells us that they are important. Learn from those who have gone before us and leave it all at the altar. Reconcile.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post, I've been thinking about exactly this topic for quite some time; I heard a song on the radio the other day and it reminded me that we do have to live like we are dying, live like we might not get a second chance.. I need to make sure that those I love know I love them, how much they mean to me, and to those I have wronged.. I need to make it right now.. not waiting.. but now.. we might not have that second chance.

    ReplyDelete