Monday, February 15, 2010

Perseverance

"Consider it all joy, my brothers and sisters, when you encounter various trials,
for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James 1:2,3
My favorite example of perseverance is Juan Diego. In my little prayer book, Bless My Child, I pray for our children to be obedient and persistent and to persevere.

"Dear Lady of Guadalupe,
as Juan Diego was so obedient and persistent in Your name,
Make our children persistent and obedient in the Lord.
Mother of the Americas, help our children to
build a shrine in their hearts in Your honor so that you will give them Your love,
compassion, help and protection as You gave Juan Diego.
Merciful Mother, help our children to seek you and to have confidence in you.
You chose Juan Diego, one of the least, to carry your message to the world.
Help our children to carry and to live your message.
Give them perseverance in their faith and help them to obey your requests. Amen"
(Bless My Child, Ave Maria Press)

1 comment: