Monday, February 22, 2010

Day of Rest

Yesterday was project day for me. I worked on my tax return then worked with my children on school projects. My daughter had to write a song, a speech and an autobiography. My son had to make a poster and write a chapter summary. By the time
9 o'clock rolled around, I was exhausted. Besides the fact that when I'm sitting around the house I eat too much so I was miserable. And, this morning I am tired. What a way to start my week! This is why God specifically gave me Sunday. Oh I spent it with my family but it was no day of rest. I will have to choose another day this week to rest so as not to blow the entire 7 days. God has written in stone the importance of resting for one day out of seven and following that stone is all He asks of me for my own good. He knows how exhausting six days are in this world. He teaches from experience. Follow the list. Stay on task. Make the seventh day a day of rest. God knows we need it.

1 comment: