01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Perseverance 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Perseverance

34
“Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Yesterday, on a calm, freezing cold Sunday afternoon, with coffee in hand, I began again the book by Julia Cameron, Finding Water, the art of perseverance. I didn't have to get very far before the highlighter and pen came out to mark the hundreds of things I wanted to remember and come back to again. She begins by speaking about the importance of listening to God, "the still, small voice" and trusting that what we hear is what we should follow. That falls right in line, as usual, with the call from Jesus today to follow Him and to go out and bring others to Him. No matter what we find our calling, to lead, to preach, to teach, to write, to sing, to play, to draw, to paint, to listen, to talk, etc. etc., that we be a "conduit, a channel for ideas to move through." "Show me what it is You want me to do." And, with that, we must persevere. Day after day, hour after hour, we must continue to do the "thing" that God wants us to do. The "thing" that He calls us to do. Listen to the "still, small voice" and trust. As fishermen who sit for hours for that one big catch, day after day. Persevere. Be the channel God works through.
35 36 37 38