01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: New Year Resolutions 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Year Resolutions

34
Well into the first day of the year 2010 and I've almost managed to forget that I plan to get to this blog more often. Promises. Promises. Promises. Actually I have settled with the theme, "a place for everything and everything in its place" as well as "a time for everything and everything in its right time". So, I have plans to get my physical, spiritual and psychological self organized. This includes a little exercise, a little more reading, a lot more writing and a push toward the discipline of morning, noon and night prayer. I have rarely had difficulty with morning prayer because I rise early and do my daily reading before the kids get up. I rarely skip noon or afternoon prayer because the business I'm in allows for work as prayer and journaling about my day helps me to keep that in order. But night time prayer has always been a struggle. Not dinner prayer, we're all over that. Not preparing for the sacraments with my kids and studying scripture and the catechism with them in their school work. I mean end of the day, grateful for the day, thankfulness prayer. I picked up a little book called "Always We Begin Again" that has gotten me started and as the New Year progresses, I hope that I can progress in my theme for the year. A place for everything and everything in its place. A time for everything and everything in its right time. God Bless and good luck with all the promises for a great new year.
35 36 37 38