01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: He Dwells Within Us 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

He Dwells Within Us

34
Today I sat in the church and listened as a young man got up from the crowd and read, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord." He ended the reading by saying, "Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing." I had to really think about what the young man was saying to us. He was definitely given a huge task and I was waiting for word that a sign-up sheet would be at the exits for those of us who wanted to help but none was mentioned. The more I thought about the words, the more I realized that because He dwells within us, we are automatically on the sign-up sheet. We are called to be His voice that brings glad tidings and proclaims liberty, His hands to lead the blind and free the oppressed. We are called to take time and to help make this New Year acceptable to the Lord. It will take all of us but beginning today, may this passage be fulfilled.
35 36 37 38