Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Captivating

I finally finished the book by John and Stasi Eldredge, Captivating, and have to say that it is an awesome read, just as the subtitle promotes, Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul. It begins with the explanation of Eve's role as "ezer" or "help in such a way that life would be lost without it." An irreplacable role. And, the book proceeds with all God has in store for his creation of woman as "inviting, vulnerable, tender, fierce and fiercely devoted." "God who yearns for a relationship with us, who pursues us and longs to be loved by us. He wants to be our priority."
I just made a few notes, many of them obvious, that I wanted to keep in the deeper parts of my heart but I do think it's a great read. I also listened to the talk tape of John's, Wild At Heart, and had my college daughter listen to it also as she drove back to school. She agrees that it too is an awesome read. Well, okay, "listen". Many, many bible references throughout and much to say about the importance of strong women and strong men in our society who understand their calling.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I am still reading finding Water....Meditate and use it for a stimulas
    everyday. Think I should try Eldridge, also!!! Liked your new coments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Glad I found your blog! I admire your active role in the church as author, mother and store owner. I saw you read the Eldridge books recently. They remain some of my favorite inspiration books too. I think I need to reread this one! I'll be back to visit your blog from time to time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete