01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: To know, to love, to serve 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

To know, to love, to serve

34
Yesterday afternoon I took my three younger children to the store so my son, Nicholas, could decide on some gift ideas for his birthday today. Needless to say, I went ahead and purchased the few items he chose. On the way home, he asked why the guy who checked us out had those big holes in his ears with the rings in them. I first explained that I think he had to start with small holes and continually put larger rings in them to make his skin stretch that way. Then I proceeded to give the opinion that not everyone we meet really has the same concepts about what our time on earth is all about. I shared that I think many people do different things to try to get attention drawn to themselves while others believe that we should give the attention to one another and draw and give attention to God. He commented more on the many tatoos and agreed with the idea of the need for attention by saying, "He certainly got my attention!" My sixth grade daughter piped in that we are here to know Him, to love Him and to serve Him in this life and be happy forever with Him in the next. I spun my head around and said, "Hey that was my blog this morning." We both agreed how cool it is when things like that happen and how great it feels to be in sinc. She proceeded to ask if her picture was on that blog from yesterday as if I knew she would share the subject with me that afternoon. So, today I wish my 10 year old son happy birthday but I picture my daughter because her words prompted the text. I love to be in sinc. I also realize that it is somewhat comical that my daughter who shared her lesson of Faith is wearing a Bourbon Street t-shirt.
35 36 37 38