01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
"A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and in his own house." Todays Gospel reading is one of my favorites because it smacks my life with "what goes around comes around". When I looked up the definition of prophet I found: "a prophet is a person who has been encountered by the supernatural or the divine, often one who serves as an intermediary with humanity" and when I looked up intermediary, I get something about being a conduit.
Now I get it! All those "things" my parents told me for all those years and I did not honor the teachings - to be expected - but now I realize it connects me, electrically, shockingly, to something that is just greater than myself and the world in which I live. And I, the connection, now, having children of my own, who has no one who accepts anything in this house that I say, have to persist. I have to make the connection for these kids and maybe someday, they too will be shocked - no, no, no - will be the conduit for others. Maybe someday we will all make the big connection, will accept the prophet and will encounter the Divine.
35 36 37 38